Run as Windows service

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Mon Aug 8 20:46:46 EDT 2005

Bill Vlahos wrote:
> I have an application in Rev I want to run as a Windows service  because
> I don't want the user to be able to quit it.
>
> How do I make a Rev app run this way?

Well, I don't know about running a Rev Standalone as a service, but you
could do the following...

1. Make a Setup program that installs your standalone and also adds an
entry to the Registry to startup the program during Window's boot.

2. Set the decorations to empty.  I know this removes the titleBar and
window border, but it also removes the taskbar button.  This way you
could either hide the window (if it's a background service) or keep the
window open but it can't be hidden.

This should work just fine.  Hope this helps.  Oh, a great free setup
program builder is called InnoSetup.  Most major companies use it, and
it's very expandable.  Oh, it's free...can't beat that!

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software