two more noob questions re "find" command

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Mon Aug 8 20:14:48 EDT 2005

Hi,

1--If I use the "find" command in the single-line message box, is
there any way to get the foundchunk? How?

2--If I use the find command in a script, is there any way to script
the equivalent of hitting the return key (like when I click on a
button), so as to find the next item, as I would do if I were using
"find" in the single-line message box? How?

3--One way to simulate a returnkey using the find command in a script
might be to move the cursor to the next field that the find command
would normally search, then just use the find command again. I think
that might be scriptable, though possibly slightly tricky -- at least
for me. That raises a question. In what sequence does the find
command search the fields on a card? By layer? By number? Card fields
first, or bg fields first?

Thanks in advance, very much, really. :-)

I really hope a revDocWiki gets off the ground someday. I'll have to
bug you all a lot less if it happens. And, I'll be able to give help
sometimes, instead of always receiving it.

Cheers,

Tim