Creating & Using Tabs tutorial

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Thu Apr 14 03:21:45 EDT 2005

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for taking a look !

I am not unaware that the code I used was both verbose and non-optimized.

Believe it or not, this was deliberate!  My rationale is this:

A complete newbie, non-programmer, could probably look at a series of
if-then-end ifs and understand what was going on such that s/he could
modify the script for a different usage.

A real programmer could likewise take a look at it and understand it while
going off muttering about what a complete idiot I am for doing it that
way.

OTOH, while a real programmer could look at the more optimized code with
its menuPick and pParameters and the like and understand it, I really
doubt that a complete newbie, non-programmer would do likewise.

I guess I should really rename my planned series 'Transcript for Dummies'
@;-)

Eric and Klaus and the others are doing nice things for the programming
crowd; I'm trying to do likewise for the DreamCard group who wants to do
something a little bit more exciting than the PowerPoint that they've been
told is all they ever need to know...

Judy