user-movable fields

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Wed Apr 13 17:47:35 EDT 2005

At 05:40 06/04/2005, you wrote:

>Thank you all!
>
>I just put a demo of the user-movable fields, and an example of how it
>might be useful, in the user spaces of revonline--  "User movable fields",
>under programming.
>
>This is so cool-- when I first thought of it this morning, I figured it
>would take arduous programming. Amazing.  Smart Rev--very RAD.

OK this has been done in one of my unfinished apps... see my user space
NIJINSKY and the stack
move and resize via drag and drop.

make a text field and put this into its script
on mouseDown
     if the controlKey is down then
       grab me
       end if
end mouseDown

on mouseStillDown
   if the altKey is down then
     put the rect of me into tRect
     put the mouseH into item 3 of tRect
     put the mouseV into item 4 of tRect
     set the rect of me to tRect
   end if
end mouseStillDown

on mouseWithin
    if the optionKey is down then
      if the lockText of me is false then
        set the lockText of me to true
      end if
    else
      if the lockText of me is true then
        set the lockText of me to false
      end if
    end if
end mouseWithin

Then use control and alt to move and resize it. :-)

Neat ehhhh :-)

Cheers
Bob