revExecuteSQL and escaping values

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Apr 11 16:20:18 EDT 2005

I was under the impression that when using binding with revdb that the
values would be escaped when creating the sql statement.  For example

put "that's it" into myVar

revExecuteSQL myDBID, "UPDATE myTable SET Description = :1 WHERE ID =
1", "myVar"

would execute the statement like this:

UPDATE myTable SET Description = 'that\'s it' WHERE ID = 1

This does not seem to be the case with revdb however since I am getting
errors in my sql syntax whenever I have a variable with a single quote
in it.  Perhaps I just expected this since that is how Valentina works
and as far as I can tell there is no way in revdb to access the active
databases native string escape functions.  Anyone have any insight
here?

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia