New Guide to the IDE in Process

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Mon Apr 11 20:08:30 EDT 2005

On Apr 11, 2005, at 4:07 PM, Jerry Balzano wrote:

> Count me in as an interested party as well, although I have to say
> that $15 seems a little steep.  The various "Take Control" books for
> various facets of Mac OS X, many of which are over 100 pages in
> length, are all $10 or less, and several are only $5.

If you sell a few thousand or even a few hundred copies of an eBook,
you can price it lower than you can if you expect to sell a few dozen
or at most 100. Rev's installed base being what it is (no, I don't know
what it is; they won't tell anyone, even me, which is good business but
no less annoying for that), I have to figure a higher price point to
have even a remote chance of being paid a reasonable hourly rate for my
effort.

> Do add the message box (perhaps including SoSmart's very nice Message
> Picker) and its various "modes" among your topic list.

The Message Box will be included. No third party products will.