Interfacing with MS Outlook

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Apr 7 07:35:22 EDT 2005

phillip mukhwana wrote:

>Hi Danny,
>

>I am trying to do exactly what you mentioned...i.e. not try and
>re-invent the wheel yet take advantage of the rapid deployment
>capabilities of Revolution and combine these with existing functionality
>in Outlook.
>

>Have you had any joy on this since posting this? I have racked the
>internet looking for some code or external that I might use but have
>drawn only blanks so far. I would appreciate if you have found anything.

You might take a look with Google at "python com outlook"

There are a number of open source Python projects that use ActiveX to
interface to Outlook, since they're open source, you might find enough
info from them to help. Though you still have to interface to ActiveX -
I don't know of (and quick search didn't find) any RR external to give
access to ActiveX.

Maybe you would need to use a Python (or other language) intermediary to
get from RR to ActiveX.