Prototype or production?

VHD vhd at vhd.com.au
Mon Sep 27 06:53:23 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am reading a fair bit about runrev and it's capabilities and come across the word "prototype" a fair bit... which makes me wonder, whether runrev can be used for "production" applications?

How are people meant to use runrev? Is it only used in the early stages of application development to show the customer what can be done. The application would then be finished with another language like Java, C++ etc.. ?

Which makes me wonder: Are there any shareware apps that have been developed with runrev and are being used by 100's of satisfied users? (or even used in a company by a large amount of people.)

As an aside, I am primarily interested in runrevs database capabilities. (I will right another email about my experiences with that.).

I am also interested with its ability to interact with other programs like perl.

Any thoughts and experience are greatly appreciated.

Ben