Audio w/o Quicktime on PCs

cteno4 cteno4 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 11 13:12:49 EDT 2004

Thanks Signe Marie,

I was hoping to use the player since its a cross platform disc and wanted
things to function the same on both sides (as advertised in the mc and
rev documentation). ill give the mcisendstring a whirl. i need to do a
call back at the end of the audio file (which i do with the player) and
it looks like i can do with the mci string if i keep checkint the lenght
with an mci call.

does the call "status myaudio length" give the amount of time left in the
audio file or is there another command that would give the current point
in the playing. also what happens with a time call when it reaches the
end of the wav files. if i use send calls to keep checking if the file
has finished i would need the time call to end on something like either 0
or the final lenght value.

thanks mucho,

jeff

use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote on 9/10/04 9:57 AM

>Hello,
>using mciSendString will take care of yours needs. The scripts below will
>give you some ideas.
>
>function myMCI tstring
>   put mciSendString(tstring) into returnValue
>   get the result
>   if the result is not empty then
>     return "error"
>   else