Download videos?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Sep 6 11:42:43 EDT 2004

Marian Petrides wrote:

> Hi all. And a happy Labor Day to those of you in the US!
>
> Does anyone know of a way to save the videos to disk for viewing at
> times when one doesn't have an internet connection?
>
> I took a long trip this past weekend and was planning on working with
> Rev, in particular doing the things I don't seem to have time for during
> the week--chiefly watching the videos.  Then I realized I couldn't
> download them and did not have an internet connection in the air or at
> the airports I was passing through. Being able to download and watch
> again without re-downloading would be really helpful.

Or at least the videos could be streamed so that you wouldn't have to
wait through the whole download to start viewing.

I'm told that QT movies with the "Quick Start" option set work well in
players as they do in the browser, starting playback as soon as enough
has been buffered, continuing the download as it goes.

One can also wrap any QT movies in a SMIL document for stream-like
playback on any server.

Ideally there would be both: quick-start playback AND a local cache for
immediate playback next time.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation