What about the quit menuitem in standalone with 2.5?

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Fri Sep 3 13:22:36 EDT 2004

I am a very busy (but happy runrev user) and I do notice that there is tons
of traffic on this list but find nearly all of it important and/or
interesting including info that may lead to a  bug report. So I vote that it
be ok for people to discuss bugs on the list at least enough so we can say
"yes it's a bug" and tell them the link for the latest bugzilla.

On 9/3/04 11:49 AM, "Troy Rollins" <troy at rpsystems.net> wrote:

> On Sep 3, 2004, at 11:23 AM, Kevin Miller wrote:
>
>> There is a simple rule when developing in DC/Rev.  If it crashes its
>> almost
>> certainly a bug.  We provide a bug reporting facility and act quickly
>> resolve issues.  By filing it in the database we can fix it.  Posting
>> this mailing list doesn't get the information logged by our developer
>> team.
>> This list is for the discussion of how to use the product, so please
>> do not
>> report bugs here.
>
> Kevin,
>
> With all due respect, this is an EXTREMELY frustrating position you are
> taking. Discussion of bugs is not only common on developer lists, it is
> expected. While no one expects the development team to pick up on bugs
> from discussions here, often times it is the end-user introducing some
> issue, or the list members know a workaround, or simply prefer to know
> about such issues before they encounter them. The RunRev stance of
> trying to keep such discussions out of this list will also keep
> professional developers out of this list, since we are quite accustomed
> to open discussion of any usage issues regarding the tools we work
> with. Limiting such discussion, and demanding that Bugzilla be the only
> point of entry on these things makes it look like you are trying to
> hide something, and it is also a very low feedback mechanism. It is
> akin to saying, "if you encounter what you think is a bug, put your
> development project on the shelf until we determine if you are right or
> wrong. That could take an indefinite amount of time, during which you
> are out of luck."
>
> If the intention of this list is to act like a marketing vehicle where
> everyone is happy, and there are no apparent bugs in the software, then
> I think we need another, more reality-based list, aimed at registered
> users of studio or above which is more open to discussion of bugs,
> workarounds and solutions to the inevitable issues that arise in
> professional software development.
> --
> Troy
> RPSystems, Ltd.