Lots of Crashes

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Thu Sep 2 16:05:47 EDT 2004

I don't have the upgrade pack (yet), but I have the 2.5 demo sitting in
a folder on my X.3.5 desktop right now (to help figure out if the
upgrade is worthwhile right now).  There are a number of things which
definitely seem to have improved over 2.2.1, and it feels somewhat
faster (a big deal given my 400MHz G3 tower -- a bit dated right now,
but hey, it works), but it still lacks some of the bug fixes which I
need to make the upgrade worthwhile.  We purchased 2.2.1 fairly
recently, so I'm sure we will get the upgrade pack eventually, before
the one-year runs out, but for now, I'm holding off for those bug
fixes.

And yes, I've experienced a bunch of strange crashes from Rev too, many
of which seem to be almost random sometimes -- but I've had them with
2.2.1, and 2.5 does seem to be a bit better in this regard.  At least
things seem (to me) to be going in the right direction?

All I can really say here is that I am generally quite pleased with the
product, and while it does seemingly have a ways to go in terms of
stability and some bug fixes before I could *really* call it stable
(though certainly much better than most Microsoft products -- and some
others), the Rev team seems to be doing quite well with the product.
Keep up the good work.