image size limit?

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Fri Oct 29 17:29:52 EDT 2004

Richard,

On Oct 29, 2004, at 9:41 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> I've been trying to import an image into Rev, but all I get is junk.
>
> The size of the image is 8192 x 4096 (tried both PNG and JPEG).
> Smaller
> versions of the file work well.
>
> Will I need to split it into tiles?
> What is the image size limit in Rev?

On Mac OSX it's limited to 4096 x 4096 because RunRev is still using
old style QuickDraw, and QDPixMaps are constrained to 4096 x 4096.  The
same is not true in my tests on 2000/XP.

I added this as a bug before 2.5 went out, but they reassigned it as
not a bug.

Too bad too, because digital photos can easily be bigger than 4000 x
4000, and there's no other way to open an image that big in RunRev (or
create a thumbnail, etc.).

-- Frank

Web Photos Pro: Software for Photo Bloggers and Other Photo Power Users
See us on the web at http://www.webphotospro.com/