image size limit?

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Oct 29 17:15:38 EDT 2004

Hi Richard,

> Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:34:21 -0700
> From: Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
> Subject: image size limit?

> The size of the image is 8192 x 4096 (tried both PNG and JPEG).
> Smaller
> versions of the file work well.
>
> Will I need to split it into tiles?
> What is the image size limit in Rev?

Yep, that's oversize. I went through this awhile back with a county
map/metamap I was working on. IIRC the limit is 4000 either direction,
so you have to restrict it to 3990 or so to be safe.

You can tile it or reduce it's size. I chose to reduce the size, since
it was fairly close, and did so with numbers I could maintain divisible
for keeping the same aspect ratio for the metamap structure.

HTH,
Ken N.