use-revolution Digest, Vol 13, Issue 66

Jeffrey Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Wed Oct 27 15:46:34 EDT 2004

Aurellen,

you can also just check the version of the os rev is playing under on
startup and then if its windozs then set dontuseqt to true. this avoids
creating different apps/players for separate platforms. i lothe to
split code on a project as when you are in bug fixing stages you have
to versions to do each fix on and can get confusing and open to
mistakes quickly! the few mac/pc differences ive ever had to deal with
ive just set an os flag then where ever there is a problem deal with
the platform specific thingie there. works well.

note if you turn off quicktime on the pc you will not be able to play
external movies or audio files with the player object. docs say it
should work, but it doesn't.

cheers,

jeff

Jeffrey Reynolds