my bugs and "mr. money bags"

Meitnik at aol.com Meitnik at aol.com
Mon Oct 25 20:21:19 EDT 2004

In a message dated 10/25/04 7:51:00 PM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com writes:

> > Bug#: 1523
> Your report states that the original problem has been fixed.  Along the
> way you've found that OS 9 enforces a short file name limit.  It's brave
> of Tuv to address that, but if I recall correctly it will only be useful
> when running OS 9 under Classic in OS X.  Do I misunderstand the report?
> -- you misunderstood. Its any file name longer then 28 chars on osx and 9.
Tuv understands the bug, I need it fixed so I dont have to truncate my file
names just to set the filetype. Why have osx and rr when you can even set the
filetype for any file names long than 28 chars?

> > Bug#: 2085
> I couldn't figure out the report, but I'll bet there's a workaround to
> tide you over in the meantime if you can describe what you need.  I've
> been adding drag-and-drop to a lot of my apps and I haven't yet found
> any normal operation it can't do.
> -- work arounds should be a short time thing not waiting a long time to fix.
>
> > Bug#: 1525
> Win95 only; worth doing, but in the meantime will affect less than 2% of
> all computer users, and usually less than that for most Rev-based products.
> -- so you want my market of disabled users who are not well off not to use my
product? market share is not always the answer, however clever.

> These seem like worthwhile things to get done in good time, but they
> shouldn't be show-stoppers while they're outstanding.  If you're
> delivering a product you'll really want to spring for XP, as it's very
> different from earlier Win OSes and by far the most common OS.  If what
> you're building is just for personal use it should be easy enough to
> design around these for now.
> -- answer should not always be spending money to fix the problem. how about
supporting a product paid for. rr claims full support for win95 everywhere on
their site but not in a key part of their tools: revxml. try telling someone
they cant even open the online docs!

rolling back to my cave....
andrew