Speed in setting text styles

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Mon Oct 25 11:22:24 EDT 2004

Hi Jim:

I'd try using the htmlText  as the variable...

put fld tFld into tHTML
repeat for each line L  in tHTML
add 1 to n
if [condition] then next  repeat
end repeat
set the htmlText of fld tFld to tHTML

Is there a  speed improvement using this approach?

/H

I wish to set the  textstyle of certain lines in a field to bold and
then export the field in  RTF.

I have run  through the fields to determine the line number  of  these
lines. There are about 11,000 lines and about half are to be  set to
bold.

Using:

repeat for each item tItem in  tLineNums
set the textstyle of line tItem of field 1  to "bold"
end repeat

where tLineNums contains the  numerical values of the line numbers of
field 1 which are to be set to  bold.

This repeat loop takes about 25 minutes on my machine.

Since  you can't set the textStyle of a line in a variable, I see no
way to speed  this up. Any ideas?