Information request for new Revolution Knowledgebase

Gordon Tillman got at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 23 19:59:00 EDT 2004

Hi Heather!

I don't know if this would qualify for your new Revolution
Knowledgebase or not, but I was sure glad to get a resolution for it...

PROBLEM

Valentina database not working with R.R. 2.5 on the Mac OS X platform.

SOLUTION

This came from Mark W.

I finally tracked down the source of the problem - it is indeed a
packaging
issue but is easy to fix. Basically, the VSDK.framework folder is not
quite in
the correct form.

First you need to ensure that the VSDK.framework folder is copied to
   Revolution.app/Contents/Frameworks/

Then go into the VSDK.framework package and create the path
   Versions/A
Then copy the VSDK executable (in the top-level of the VSDK.framework
package)
into the Versions/A directory. So, you should end up with a path:
   Revolution.app/Contents/Frameworks/VSDK.framework/Versions/A/VSDK

Hopefully this should then make Valentina work in the IDE. Let me know
if this
does solve your problem, and if so I'll add this info to Bugzilla and
ensure
that it is rectified in the next build.

--gordy