Difference between Run tool and Edit tool

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Sat Oct 23 16:22:27 EDT 2004

At 12:51 PM -0500 10/23/2004, Marty Billingsley wrote:
>If the run tool is for running a stack and the edit tool is for editing
>it, why do scripts even run in edit mode?  mouseEnter, mouseLeave,
>openCard, closeCard, etc. all are executed even when the edit tool is the
>one selected.  But mouseDown and mouseUp aren't.

All the messages are actually sent, whether the browse tool or the
pointer tool is active. But the development environment intercepts
certain of these messages while it's running, to make development
possible. (For example, mouseDown and mouseUp obviously would cause
interference with selecting objects, if they were allowed to be sent
with the pointer tool.)

And yes, I agree with Richard about the tooltips. Introducing new
parallel terminology is confusing, and it's not necessary given that
there are existing terms that are supported in the language.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com