modem as answering machine

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Tue Oct 19 23:00:14 EDT 2004

On Oct 19, 2004, at 10:52 PM, Bjšrnke von Gierke wrote:

> I would like to try to use revolution to answer the phone (modem) with
> pre-made sound recordings.
> Also, I would then like to react to key presses of the phone user, for
> him to navigate a tree of possibilities, resulting in an interactive
> voice response system (IVR).
>
> Has anyone done something like that? Is it even possible in rev?  Any
> tip would be appreciated.

There are some linux open source projects on this, you could see the
code.... At least answering the phone should be easy if you can open
the modem. I would envision a Retro-is-cool project about a little
RevBBS software, how I liked those terminals! =) (it was my
introduction to computing, I marvelled at bbs)

Cheers
andre

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004