unicode menus

diskot123 at juno.com diskot123 at juno.com
Thu Oct 21 12:14:09 EDT 2004

>1. How did you make cascading menus in unicode?
Easiest way to do it would be to create a field, set the tabstops property, then start typing japanese into it. Then set then textfont of the button to a japanese font and set the text of the btn to the unicodetext of the field.

>2. How did you handle the File/Edit menus in unicode in OS X?
The last two items of the file menu (rather the first menu) will be deleted regardless in OSX, so it should be a divider and quit. For the edit button it looks at the buttons name and if the name is "edit" it delete the last two items of that menu as well. If you need the edit menu to display the title in japanese, set the label of the button.

Last time I checked creating submenus worked fine in the IDE.

Tuviah