Synch My Audio Please

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Oct 18 23:12:49 EDT 2004

On Oct 18, 2004, at 7:53 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Ken Norris wrote:
>>> From: Richard Gaskin
>>> I think GarageBand (and dozens of other similar specialized packages)
>>> shows that tightly synchronized sound is not impossible.  In not sure
>>> where the notion of "impossible" started in this thread.
>>>
>>> The question for RunRev is how important is it to provide the tools
>>> for
>>> making a GarageBand while we still have annoyances like unusual
>>> selection handle behaviors for line objects or the inability to
>>> reliably
>>> use "answer file" on OS X (not to mention that GarageBand already
>>> exists
>>> and is very well done).
>> I might be very interested in this thread if I knew for sure what
>> it's about, as I'm interested in developing music UI's for
>> enableware,
>> IOW, GarageBand is great for what it does, but a severely disabled
>> person couldn't use it alone. That's where totally custom
>> manipulation of sound, graphical interfaces, and game/controller
>> sprockets come into play.
>
> Sounds very useful.  When it comes to more specialized uses for QT,
> the answer is one word:  Trevor.  ;)
>
> Trevor, I know you have nothing but time on your hands -- got anything
> in the hopper for managing this sort of thing?

I haven't looked at synching multiple sounds (isn't that was this
started out as ;-) that much as I haven't needed it for projects I have
worked on.  Really this should be addressed outside of QuickTime in the
future by the RunRev folks.

Depending on your needs I think you could create a handler in the EQT
(as Scott Rossi affectionately refers to it) external that took a
couple of different audio filenames as parameters and created a
temporary movie that contained all of them.  Then all of the audio
files would share the same timeline and starting and stopping the movie
would start everything in synch.  I don't remember exactly what the
original poster needed but this might be a solution.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com