Thread With No Name

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Oct 18 22:53:24 EDT 2004

Ken Norris wrote:
>> From: Richard Gaskin
>> I think GarageBand (and dozens of other similar specialized packages)
>> shows that tightly synchronized sound is not impossible.  In not sure
>> where the notion of "impossible" started in this thread.
>>
>> The question for RunRev is how important is it to provide the tools for
>> making a GarageBand while we still have annoyances like unusual
>> selection handle behaviors for line objects or the inability to reliably
>> use "answer file" on OS X (not to mention that GarageBand already exists
>> and is very well done).
>
> I might be very interested in this thread if I knew for sure what it's
> about, as I'm interested in developing music UI's for enableware,
> IOW, GarageBand is great for what it does, but a severely disabled
> person couldn't use it alone. That's where totally custom manipulation
> of sound, graphical interfaces, and game/controller sprockets come into
> play.

Sounds very useful.  When it comes to more specialized uses for QT, the
answer is one word:  Trevor.  ;)

Trevor, I know you have nothing but time on your hands -- got anything
in the hopper for managing this sort of thing?

> What are the chances of giving this thread a real name?

I did my best with the improv above, but it's been so long since this
thread had a name I haven't a clue what it was born as.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation