Keep threads on topic or start new ones.

Jim Witte jswitte at bloomington.in.us
Sun Oct 17 17:40:03 EDT 2004

Hi,

   Sorry to sound like a moderator here..  I was just looking over the
posts I'd made to RunRev (Mar 31, 2004), and ran across my "LWP like
scripting from Rev" post.  There were two following posts in the same
thread that were not remotely related to my question.  Now, I must
admit that it looks like I was guilty of the same thing (replying to a
message with a non-related item to the thread), but we should try to
keep threads in order, and start new ones where appropriate (although
this was 6 months ago, so this suggestion may be moot)

   Better yet, if Apple would put a "New Thread" button - yeah, I know
you can just create a new message, but if you want to keep (almost) the
same subject, and quote text, and maybe reply to the original poster..
It's a hassle copying them over..  (Yeah, I know - write an Applescript
to do it!)

<back to lurk>
Jim Witte