RTF text

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Oct 11 12:31:10 EDT 2004

>Mr. X,
>
>I can do this if Revolution doesn't. I used to do it for the high ISO
>characters in a similar HyperCard program in about 1990. But sometime, like
>about 1992, someone brought out an XCMD that would recognize the high ISO
>characters properly. I think Rinaldi also had one. I haven't checked if it
>works for Revolution.
>
>The question is whether Revolution does this. The Revolution documentation
>does not mention this as a limitation of rtfText, though it does mention
>other limitations. Therefore, I am wondering if it is a limitation of Word,
>or me, or what.
>
>Pierre,
>
>I don't think one can consider this as a virtue of Revolution. If it
>doesn't do this, it would be a better tool if it did.
>
>On 12/19/02, Pierre Sahores wrote to the MetaCard list:
>
>>The main features expected from this is . . . and (4) to export
>>RTF formated files from the contents of the stack.
>
>Did you make any adjustments of this nature to the output of that stack.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Bruce

I don't know where the problem exactly is but representation of those
characters in RTF is fairly clear and Rev should be able to map them
properly onto the character set currently used. From Bruce's
description sounds like some mapping is done wrong. Having such
characters correctly remapped is one of the advantages of using RTF
(and the main reason I use RTF -- but I go the other direction and do
my own mapping). It is not rock science (just table lookup really). I
suspect an incomplete implementation or a bug. You should bugzilla
this, Bruce.

Robert