Detect Gateway IP address in windows

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Mon Oct 11 13:39:40 EDT 2004

why do you need to know the gateway address ?
or, if you prefer, what do you want to use it for ?

I need to know the gateway address because I'm writing software to configure
routers for use over fiber-optic systems for an ISP.   In order to do the
configuration, I take the gateway address and add some info to the end of it and
perform GETS and POSTS to that particular URL.    For Mac, I use:

   put shell("/usr/sbin/netstat -r -n | grep default | awk '{print $2}'")
into GatewayIP