Bugzilla address

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Wed Oct 6 08:16:02 EDT 2004

At 08:42 06/10/2004 +0100, Heather Nagey wrote:
> > Hopefully someone at RunRev will find the time to catch up on reading
> > this list, and recognize that this is a FAQ.
>
>Yes, we do. If you visit
>
>http://revolution.runrev.com/section/faq.php
>
>(or any of the other links to the faq on the site) you will find this issue
>addressed - its the fourth link from the bottom of the list I believe.

It's good to know there is a FAQ - but this simply invites the next question -
    Why is it so hard to find the FAQ on RunRev's site ?

It's not linked from the home page, it's not linked from the
Support/Resources page.
In fact, as far as I can tell, it's only linked from the "About/Contact Us"
page and its subordinate pages.

I think it would be much better if it were mentioned on the
Support/Resources page. Many people (including me when I was looking for
the FAQ) ignore the Contact page because it's often just the official
company mailing address, phone numbers and email addresses.

[OTOH - it is the first hit if you Google "runtime revolution faq", so in
some ways there's no excuse for not finding it :=]

When I couldn't find where the FAQ page was referenced, I decided to run
the web link checker that I dug up a few days ago when they were mentioned
on this list. It produces a good site map, and I thought might help me to
find the FAQ. I'll email you directly the list of broken links (16 or so -
you should invest in a link checker :-)

It does make clear another minor issue with the web site - the failure to
make any use of "Title"s on the web pages. Apart from the Store, every page
has the same title - "Runtime". This is not only an inconvenience for
users, but more importantly it's a lost opportunity for Google. Now that
meta info is unusable, Google (and other search engines) pay relatively
high attention to page titles and headers - so this would be a good way to
improve the search rankings.

-- Alex.