Flashing problem with two players

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Oct 1 18:33:18 EDT 2004

On Oct 1, 2004, at 12:51 PM, Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> Create two players on a card, set their source (filenames) to two
> different avi-files.
>
> Resize the players (make them larger) and set their "lock size and
> position" to true.
>
> Set the alwaysbuffer of the stack to true.
>
> Now if you move the tools palette, the players begin to flash. If you
> do not move the tools palette, everything is fine. The two players can
> be played simultaneously.
>
> If you move the tools palette in such a way that it overlaps the
> player areas, the flashing continues forever and the Rev IDE freezes,
> i.e. it no longer reacts to any mouseclicks. You have to use the
> Windows task manager to close the stack and Revolution.
>
> This is with version 2.5R2 (and Windows XP) and Metacard 2.6.1, which
> uses the same engine. It does not happen in version 2.1.2 or in
> Metacard 2.5; some flashing occurs, but no crash happens.
>
> I searched Bugzilla for a related entry, but did not find one.
>
> Has anybody experienced similar problems?

I haven't encountered this exact problem (the crash) since I do most of
my development on Mac but I have noticed more flashing in QT players
with 2.5.  I've seen things like flashing in other QT movies on the
screen when you set the filename of another player.  I haven't sat down
to write a bug report yet though.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia