Rev to control DHTML

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Sat Nov 27 00:09:54 EST 2004

I've successfully created a Rev app which passes data to Internet Explorer
via the "do as Applescript" call passing data to Applescript, which then
controls the browser.   For instance, I'm passing the value "55" to IE using this
script:

on mouseUp
   put "55" into datatosend
   do "tell application " & quote & "Internet Explorer" & quote & " to do
script " & quote & "passvalue('" & datatosend & "')" & quote as Applescript
end mouseUp

I then have a Javascript function called "passvalue" which accepts this value
from Rev.   It all works great, but I've got one rather difficult thing left
to do:

I need to write a javascript function that will take that value (between 0
and 100), and dynamically set the width of a filled-rectangle on that web-page
(without reloading the page).   (I'm basically making a progress-bar)   If this
were all Rev, I'd have this done in about 5 seconds.   However, I'm not
up-to-speed on DHTML/Javascript.   Can someone point me in the right direction?
Would I control the width of a colored table-cell in a layer?   Is there some
way via DHTML/Javascript to dynamically draw shapes?   Any advice (or sample
code) is greatly appreciated.   This is for IE and Safari on the Mac (many of
the examples on the web didn't seem to work in Safari for some reason)