Drag and Drop from Desktop

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Nov 10 09:30:39 EST 2004

Hello Revelers,

Does anyone have or know where to get a sample stack on Dragging and
Dropping from the users desktop into/onto a Rev Object
(button/control)?

I am trying to understand all of the messages being sent and trapped to
do some interesting things with dragged items.
I would like to drag a file and interpret appropriate information for
that file. I want to figure out what app created that file or choose an
appropriate app from a list for that file. .jpg might be (quicktime
picture viewer, Photoshop, etc.) .doc would be MS Word, etc. Then show
text listing that choice with a button to launch that app or something
else.

Any sample stack out there???

Thanks

Tom