Check if Standalone is Already Open

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 10 02:02:12 EST 2004

--- Derek Bump <webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com>
wrote:
> Any way to check if a standalone is already open in
> Windows?  And then, any way to send data to that
> standalone via the Windows Shell so that the already
> open program will open the file that the Shell tells
> it to?
>
> I would like to find a workaround so my users won't
> end up with 20 copies of my program running at the
> same time.
>

> Derek Bump

Hi Derek,

In addition to the other suggestions, you could also
use DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange) to try and connect to
an existing application.

Earlier this year I posted some code from a FoxPro
forum that could be translated into Transcript :
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2004-January/030038.html>

Unfortunately, the externals collection seems to have
moved on to a better place ; perhaps you can contact
the author, Tuviah Snyder, to see if you can get a
copy, or even a custom version.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====
Join us at the European Revolution Conference
November 14-16, MALTA. ~ http://TechieTours.com/Rev/

=====