GANT type chart object

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Nov 10 13:56:17 EST 2004

Jim Carwardine wrote:
> Bill... I'd be very interested in that as well... Jim
>
> on 11/10/04 2:39 AM, Bill Vlahos wrote:
>

>>I want to make a timeline chart with items displayed similar to a GANT
>>chart. The line would go between a start time/date to and end
>>time/dateHas anyone created an object that does this?
>>
>>I just wanted to check before I re-invent the wheel.

The Rev Animation Manager has been made open source, if I recall.  While
it may seem unrelated, consider how many similarities there are among
the various tasks that can be represented in a scalable timeline.

Using the Anim Manager as start, one could derive a reusable, clonable
group supported by a library which could have properties to allow it to
be used for animations, Gantt charts, and anything else that needs a
scalable timeline presentation....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation