Remote Find Questions

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Mar 27 12:56:19 EST 2004

>  my objection to marking cards is based on my assumption that such
>logic essentially "touches" every card in the stack.

Frank, et al:

Perhaps I am incorrect here, in that if the engine maintains an index
of marked cards, "unmark all cards" can simply empty the index,
rather than set a property on each card.  But the Transcript
Dictionary lists "mark" as a card property; so that leads me to
assume "mark [or unmark] all cards" sets the property on each card.

I'd need to do some timing tests to get beyond idle conjecture; but
if forced to bet, my money is on mark/unmark all cards touching every
card in a stack.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company