Presentation

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Mar 22 11:55:20 EST 2004

On Monday, March 22, 2004, at 03:41 AM, Jordi wrote:

> I am trying to make a presentation software to present visual and
> auditory stimuli and to send marks to a electrocardiogram recorder
> (BIOPAC System). I know runRev can 'write to file "LPT1:"' but BIOPAC
> waits for a TTL pulse. I don't know where is the lost link. How could
> I send a code trough the paralel port in a pulse form? Anybody can
> help me in this topic?

It might be that the last character written to LPT: is on the 8
character output lines.  You might be able to generate a pulse by
writing numToChar(1) and then numToChar(0).  The driver will expect a
handshake, so that might be a problem.  You might be able to get around
this by opening and closing the port.  Or maybe you can loop back some
other line.  This might require the classic parallel port mode.

Another approach would be to use a generic I/O port driver that you
open and send a control byte stream.  There are a few around.  The name
DriverLynx comes to mind, but that might be something else.

Another approach is to use RTS from a serial port.  Pulse it by opening
and closing the port.  The voltage levels go outside of TTL, so you
might need to do something about that.

Dar Scott