OptionKey madness

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Mon Mar 22 09:58:13 EST 2004

On Monday, March 22, 2004, at 02:13  PM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> Subject: Re: OptionKey madness
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>

> On Mar 20, 2004, at 3:24 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> on rawKeyDown k
>>   if optionKey() is "down" then put k
>>   else  pass rawKeyDown
>> end rawKeyDown
>>
>> ... displays the value of k when typing Option-2, Option-5, or
>> Option-8 into a field, but not when typing any other numeric Option
>> keys in a field.
>>
>> What gives?
>
> I am getting the same results as you with the following setup:
>
> Mac OS X.3.3
> Rev 2.2 rc2

Richard,

This works as expected on my machine (Mac OSX, 10.2.8) -- all keycodes
come through and the optionKey is correct when up and down.

on rawKeyDown whichKey
   put "raw key " & whichKey && the optionKey
   pass rawKeyDown -- same with or without this
end rawKeyDown

Are you sure you don't have an init installed that is grabbing certain
keystrokes?

-- Frank