Documentations Biggest Flaw

A.C.T. albrecht at act-net.com
Sun Mar 21 12:49:33 EST 2004

Hi, Dave,

thanks A LOT for your summary. I agree on your observation, since I have
encountered serious problems accepting the documentation of RR as
"documentation" (rather than an "indexed glossary").

> Revolution has the tools to have a great learning environment for the
> "Visual" and "Kinesthetic" learner.

I would like to add: Revolution should respect developers that are used
to different "documentation IDEs" (like HTML, plain text, Windows help
files, amiga guide etc). I am using two monitors simultaneously and love
to have docs on one and my work on the second. Unfortunately the
fixed-size (at least "fixed width") doc-reader of Revolution makes it
difficult to have on screen what I need. A plain text (or PDF or HTML
etc) version of the docs being shipped along would easily help a lot of
people creating their personal version of the docs.
Besides: The search functions are critical. I have read complains about
the search giving too many results for simple phrases - but a good
search should allow you to LIMIT the results (or to filter them). If the
doc-browser does not offer very good search functionality (and it does
not, unfortunately) again a plain-text version would help getting people
started.

Marc Albrecht
A.C.T. / Level-2
Glinder Str. 2