Multiple Language Support?

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Mar 19 13:09:53 EST 2004

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:05:13 +0000, David Burgun <dburgun at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

>The App I am building needs to support multiple languages (e.g.
>English, German, French etc., so all text in each of the many windows
>and controls needs to be able to be display in each of these
>languages (and there are about 8 or so).
>
>Has anyone else done this? Any suggestions as to the best way to
>achieve this would be most welcome.
>
>Thanks in advance for any help and have a great weekend!

FYI there was a discussion on this topic around 20 February this year,
which you should be able to find in the list archives. One subject heading
was "Re: Multilingual apps (was: Re: Beginners global variable pb". There
are a number of different approaches: in essence there's a tradeoff between
clarity in your scripts and the ability to delegate the production of texts
in other languages to external linguists who are not themselves developers
(I'm simplifying a bit).

HTH

Graham