Getting desperate with loops/repeats

A.C.T. albrecht at act-net.com
Fri Mar 19 11:50:07 EST 2004

Hi,

I am getting really desperate trying to find out how Transcript works.

Is there ANY WAY to simply send a break signal to a running script
inside the IDE? I really hate having to kill the IDE completely using
the Task Manager just because I cannot get out of a running loop because
of a function not working as I hoped it would do.

I am trying to port some very simple C-routines to Transcript, which,
naturally, make heavy use of "while" or "for" loops. Since I do not
understand Transcript at all I have to use "trial and error". This leads
to loops not being "breaked" where needed - everywhere else this is no
problem as I simply send a SIG_BREAK (or whatever) to the task running
and have full control again. I simply don't find a way to "stop" the IDE
running a script, but shouldn't a IDE be EXACTLY this: An instance to
run a script in a "controled sandbox"?
After having shoot down Revolution about 20 times now just because of
"trial and error" understanding commands I am ready to accept any help
you might offer.

Marc Albrecht
A.C.T. / level-2
Glinder Str. 2