now it's SQLite (was... Re: Newcomer)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Thu Mar 18 17:17:30 EST 2004

On Mar 18, 2004, at 7:08 PM, Michael Reade wrote:

> So I guess the short of it is that if you are going to embed a db,
> SQLite is
> the way to go, and if you are serving it to multiple users, MySQL is
> the way
> to go.

Thats what I think, here people might have other opinions. For serving
multiple-users, across network connection there's MySQL and
PostgreeSQL.
For single user there are many ways, besides valentina and SQLite.

1) You can just use plain transcript and save to a stack.

2) You can use XML as information storage facility. Or even plain text.

3) You can check serendipty library, which is very good in 100%
transcript code, it doesn't support SQL statements, but if you don't
need them, it's a way to go.
<http://www.oenolog.net/ftp/serendipity_downloader.htm>. And serendipty
is also networkable, comes with server/client architecture.

As soon as I get the grip of XML in Revolution,  I'll write a .plist
lib.

Cheers
Andre

--