Newcomer

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Mar 18 12:33:27 EST 2004

Michael Reade wrote:

> I've been a Filemaker developer for a few years, and am looking for a
> development environment to connect to a backend (Openbase, MySQL, something
> like that).
>
> I started to pick up RealBasic, and then I heard of RunRev. I read an white
> paper by Geoff Canyon, from September 2001, which was very informative, but
> a bit old.
>
> I appreciate it if anyone can direct me towards any recent literature, or
> might want to forward any opinions, regarding RunRev x RealBasic, and RunRev
> connecting to databases.

I'm not familiar with any newer comparisons betweeen RR and RB; with RB
being such a lower-level language it seems there's little interest in
such comparisons in either camp.

But if you're asking about using Rev with DBMSs, you've come to the
right place.  Folks here connect Rev to everything from Valentina to
MySQL to Oracle, locally, LAN, and WAN.

What sort of info are you looking for?

--
  Richard Gaskin