Upgrade version and pricing [was] Re: Fix it before

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Mon Mar 15 08:23:49 EST 2004

On Monday, March 15, 2004, at 12:08  PM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> Subject: Re: Upgrade version and pricing [was] Re: Fix it before
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> Jan Schenkel wrote:
>> --- Frank Leahy <frank at backtalk.com> wrote:
>> -- Distribution builder fixes -- bug fix.
>>
>> You mae it sound like nobody could build stand-alones
>> with the old one. Granted, the new standalone builder
>> is easier to use and has more features.
>> But to call a rewrite and new interface  a bugfix ?
>
> I can personally attest to this one.  Monte Goulding did a ground-up
> rewrite which not only offers new features but also provides radically
> improved convenience and performance.  Among other things you can now
> do
> one-click instant builds.

The list that Geoff gave out sounded like bug fixes to me, but I'm
happy to hear that may not be the case.  And who knows, I might even be
happy to pony up $299 or whatever the upgrade is going to cost.

But more important than the cost of the upgrade, this overly long
thread could have been truncated if there had been more communication
from RunRev or those of you in the know.  Instead of sending pithy
comments off list, those same people could have simply pointed me/us at
the 2.2 release notes.  And then we could be having a substantive
discussion rather than ranting about things that we can only guess
about.

If I were running RunRev, I would want to know why it took more than
100 messages, many of which were unnecessarily critical of my company,
before I gave out any real information about the release.  Maybe it's
purely coincidental there has been a "lack of communication" thread
going on at the same time as this one, but then again maybe not.

Regards,
-- Frank