brushed metal and changing window size

Stephen Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Sun Mar 14 23:17:23 EST 2004

Hi,

I have noticed the some strange window behavior when using the
revChangeWindowSize command with the OSX Brushed metal appearance.
When I resize a window to a larger height the bottom of the expanding
window first turns white then the brushed metal appearance is shown.
This happens several times before the window gets to its designated
height.  Interestingly this doesn't seem to happen if I am reducing the
height of the window.  It doesn't make any difference if I use the
"slide" or the "Snap" Parameters or if I increase or decrease the speed
at which the window changes size.

If I don't use the brushed metal appearance their is no problem.

on mouseUp
   if the hilite of me is true then
     -- other stuff
     revChangeWindowSize 584,164,"snap"
   else
    -- other stuff
     revChangeWindowSize 584,559,"snap"
   end if
end mouseUp

Anybody else seen this or have any ideas how this might be fixed.

Thanks,

Steve

Stephen R. Messimer, PA
208 1st Ave. South
Escanaba, MI 49829
http://www.messimercomputing.com
--
Build Computer-Based Training modules FAST with preceptorTools™ --
version 1.0.5 available Now!