Manipulating PLAIN text on the clipboard (trying again)

JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au
Sun Mar 14 21:22:33 EST 2004

Hi. About a week ago I asked a question about plain text on the clipboard.
I had one reply (from Jacque - thanks) but the suggestion, while helpful,
didn't solve the problem. I wrote this back to the list but it seems to
have been lost in the mountains of other list emails. (Incidentally, does
anyone else feel a bit overwhelmed by the number of use-revolution emails
that arrive each day? :-) ).

So, I will try to restate the problem in its simplest terms:

Try this test:
1. Create a button ("Duplicate") with the following script:

on mouseUp
  put the clipboardData["text"] into temp
  set the clipboardData["text"] to temp && temp
end mouseUp

2. Create a new word processor document.
3. Write a few words and set them in a font OTHER THAN Lucida Grande.
4. Copy the text.
5. Switch to Rev and click the "Duplicate" button.
6. Switch back to the document and paste.
7. The text should be duplicated (i.e. "to be sure" becomes "to be sure to
be sure" - Happy St Patrick's Day by the way!) in the same font, size and
style as the original text.
On my system* the pasted text ALWAYS ends up as Lucida Grande, 11 pt,
plain.
(* Rev 2.1.2, Mac OS X 10.2.8, PowerBook G4 Titanium)

[I've even put a test stack on the web to save you having to create your
own:
http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/sub/test/clipboard_test_rev.sit ]

Do you get the same result? If so, what SHOULD the script be to produce
the desired result?

Regards,
Jonathan

Jonathan Cooper