Saving substacks in stand alones

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Mar 14 12:20:27 EST 2004

James-

Sunday, March 14, 2004, 6:43:54 AM, you wrote:

JS> ...and my going back to reading the Transcript Dictionary entry for the
JS> default stack property makes this even clearer.  Thank you again.  (I
JS> would suggest that "this" is counterintuitive in this context: at least
JS> for me, I expect "this" to be the stack in which the script is found
JS> but now I'm whining.)

Well, I still find it counterintuitive, too, but I've more or less
made my peace with it. If you think about it long enough it has some
real advantages - essentially it allows the calling stack to be passed
as a virtual argument to the handler. It still trips me up sometimes,
though, and I have to put in breakpoints and print out the current
state of "this stack" to figure out what's going on.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net