Upgrade version and pricing [was] Re: Fix it before

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Sun Mar 14 05:23:33 EST 2004

On Sunday, March 14, 2004, at 02:02  AM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> From: Geoff Canyon <gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com>
> Subject: 	Re: Upgrade version and pricing [was] Re: Fix it before
> 	moving ahead
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> On Mar 12, 2004, at 5:24 AM, Frank Leahy wrote:
>
>> Sounds like 2.2 might be more like a 2.1.5.
>
> 2.2 will include:
>   -- Native look and feel for Windows XP
>   -- Support for OS X Panther appearance changes (metal groups, for
> example)
>   -- A new, vastly improved, distribution builder
>   -- Support for the full range of Windows icons
>   -- Improved database linked controls
>   -- Numerous bug fixes and other feature enhancements
>
> regards,
>
> Geoff Canyon
> gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com

Geoff,

  --  Going native WinXP appearance -- bug fix.
  --  More OSX appearance support -- either a bug fix or a very minor
feature that isn't worth $299.
  -- Distribution builder fixes -- bug fix.
  -- Support for more Windows icons -- bug fix.
  -- Improved database controls -- is this new functionality (with new
Transcript commands) or bug fixes?
  -- Numerous bug fixes -- bug fixes.

I don't mean to be a bore, but that list sounds like mostly bug fixes
to me.

  -- Other feauture enhancements

Hmmm, not enough info to know if there are enough features to get
current 2.1.2 users (e.g. me) to pony up $299 to upgrade.

Looking at the list you gave, personally I'd rather have a 2.1.3 with
just the bug fixes.

Also, you mentioned a public 2.2 beta -- I couldn't find it on the web
site anywhere -- is it really "public"?

Best,
-- Frank