Menubar Anomalies

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Thu Mar 11 12:18:28 EST 2004

>Message: 4
>Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 06:18:01 -0700
>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>From: Rob Cozens <rcozens at pon.net>
>Subject: Re: Menubar Anomalies
>
>  >If you set the defaultMenubar, it tells the application which menu
>>to display for stacks that have no menu of their own.
>
>Thanks Sarah,
>
>I'll try that today.
>--
>Rob Cozens, CCW
>Serendipity Software Company
>http://www.oenolog.net/who.htm

Rob and Sarah,

I have been struggling with this issue for hours. I want to use my
main stack menu bar item to open the main menu. Seems silly I know,
but I want to be able to use the menu bar from the sub stacks to
return to the main stack.

My  problem in the sub stacks is, I think, the same as Rob's; I
couldn't get the menu bar to show. (It would in the application, but
I wanted to see it in IDE. Don't ask.)

I finally found this worked:

     set  the defaultmenubar  to the short name of  group  "A paradox"
of stack "A paradox in time"

where "A paradox" is the name of the menu bar in the main stack "A
paradox in time"

If "group" doesn't work try  "background"

Jim