Repeating Repeat Loops??

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Mar 10 10:59:29 EST 2004

Morning, all

I cannot believe what I am seeing here,and will personally crown the
person who can explain this sleuth of the day:

Scenario:

* Rev 2.1.2, Mac OS 10.2.3

* Card with 21 buttons

* The names of buttons 8 thru 18 end in "Title", the names of buttons
1-7 & 19-21 do not

* repeat loop

repeat with x = 1 to the number of buttons
   if the last word of the short name of button x is "Title" then
enable button x
end repeat

I set a breakpoint at the "if" statement and run the handler in the
debugger with the variable watcher focused on the vale of x.

The repeat loops TWICE when x is between 8 & 18!!

--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company