AVI/WMV Playback Control?

Peter Reid preid at reidit.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 9 10:26:01 EST 2004

>I don't understand -- Flash displays video, so why would your clips have to
>be separate from your app?
>
>http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/productinfo/features/static_tour/me
>dia/index.html#03
>
>Regards,
>
>Scott Rossi

As I understand it, I'd have to launch the Flash standalone player in
order to play Flash clips from Rev.  Rev itself ONLY supports Flash
IF you have QuickTime, which is my problem - corporate world's total
aversion to installing QuickTime!!  If I launch a separate player
then is can appear anywhere on screen obscuring my Rev window and I
can't control it or determine its progress.

Also, if you play a Flash file (swf) directly from Rev, you can't
control it in the same way as a QT file - no easy stop/start/drag
etc.  However if you make a QT file with an EMBEDDED Flash track,
then you get the benefits of Flash with the controllability of QT!
This works VERY well.  I have a single QT clip with three embedded
tracks - Flash video, QT sound, QT text caption.  I can now
enable/disable any of these to provide whatever combination is
required.  Unfortunately all this good stuff ONLY works with QT,
which my corporate clients won't install!!

Cheers

Peter
--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
E-mail: preid at reidit.co.uk
         preid at reidit.demon.co.uk
         peter.reidit at ntlworld.com
Web: http://www.reidit.co.uk