AVI/WMV Playback Control?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Mar 9 04:39:02 EST 2004

On 3/8/04 3:22 PM, "Peter Reid" <preid at reidit.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I have a perfectly good package that works very well with QuickTime
> clips that actually consist of Flash + Voice-over + Text caption
> tracks - very compact, very good quality and very flexible (as I'm
> able to enable/disable any combination of the tracks).  Despite this,
> I have to find an "alternative" to having QuickTime installed on many
> 10s-1000s of client workstations.  I can't even rely on them having
> Flash installed either.  So I'm afraid that DivX doesn't stand a
> chance as it would mean installing a new CODEC on all these
> workstations!!  Hence my desperate interest in AVI/WMV as installed
> as part of a "standard" corporate installation.

Question: if your current content and packages are currently
created/delivered using Flash, why not 1) deliver your content in a
standalone Flash player, or 2) deliver your content along with the Flash
player engine?  In either case, no installation or codecs are necessary.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Development & Design