Video Tutorials on the Geometry Manager

jcwall at jaguar1.usouthal.edu jcwall at jaguar1.usouthal.edu
Tue Mar 9 00:49:58 EST 2004

Chris - this is a great idea.  I was an early adopter of Oracle Media
Objects (you had to be early otherwise you missed out completely
because the application was pulled fro the market!).  One of the
things that they did was to produce two videos (VHS) which showed
how one could use the application to build build stacks.  It was
very well done and gave me a lot of useful information about how
to script.  When Revolution was being developed I talked to Kevin
Miller about doing something similar.  However, the way that Chipp
developed the tutorials to run on the computer would be a huge
step forward in delivering video-based instruction.

BTW, the software that Chipp used is only available for developing
on  windows machines (although playback is cross platform).  I am
fairly sure there is an application that can do the same thing on the
Mac and would appreciate it if anyone on the list could confirm this
and supply product details.

Jim Wall